At Fortress, we understand that life is unpredictable. Insurance is protection
that we put in place for a rainy day (whilst hoping that day never comes!)
It protects you, your family and your future lifestyle. If that rainy day ever comes,
it allows you to focus on your health without financial stress knowing you and your
loved ones are protected. It isn't designed to make you rich, but rather to ensure
that you are never poor.
VIEW KATIE'S STORY
CAN YOU AFFORD NOT TO HAVE INSURANCE?
Australians are renowned for our ‘she’ll be right!’ attitude, however one in two men and one in three women will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85 (Qld Cancer Council). Sadly, this prognosis leads to expensive medical bills and time off work which can significantly effect your financial future.
Our insurance packages are tailored to your personal, financial and lifestyle goals. We will help you identify any risks and provide guidance on whether you should self-insure, or transfer that risk to an insurance company. We use technical, legislative and product research to give you the best advice and solutions possible. We will then complete product applications on your behalf (let’s face it – you have better things to do) and work with the insurers to negotiate the best terms possible.
Fortress Tip... Some personal insurances may also be held by superannuation funds, freeing up your cash flow and potentially creating better tax outcomes. This is a common strategy but we will consider your individual goals before making a decision about how to pay for your cover.
INSURANCES WE OFFER
• Life insurance provides for your family if you are not
able to. You will be paid a lump sum of you die or become terminally ill. This lump sum can be used to cover a home loan or other debts, pay for a funeral, children's education estate equalisation, or provide income for your family.
• Life insurance premiums can often be deducted from superannuation for tax deductability and to improve cash flow (based on individual circumstances).
• Total and Permanent Disability insurance is paid if you become so seriously disabled that you will never work again. It pays a lump sum and is designed to assist with lifetime medical expenses, home modifications such as wheel chair access and professional medical care. It also compensates for lost income for the remainder of your working life.
• TPD insurance premiums can often be deducted from superannuation for tax deductability and to improve cash flow (based on individual circumstances).
• Arguably one of the most important insurances for fit and healthy people, trauma insurance pays a lump sum if you are diagnosed with a serious medical condition or undergo certain medical procedures. It covers a large range of conditions including but nit limited to cancer, heart attack, stroke, loss of limbs or sight, severe burns or deafness.
• Sadly, if you suffer from one of these illness there could be significant medical costs including rehabilitation. Trauma insurance helps you pay for any treatment and meet your financial obligations whilst you recover.
• Fortress Tip... Trial drugs can cost $125,000 per treatment course and are not covered by the Government Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). Trauma cover ensures that you can afford the BEST possible treatment for you and your family.
• You are your biggest asset so protect your ability to earn an income! Without your income, can you pay your mortgage, buy groceries, pay for children's education and meet your expenses?
• Income protection pays a monthly benefit to replace your wage if you are unable to work due to sickness, injury or illness. Income protection is generally tax deductible and extremely important for anyone who relies on their income to pay the mortgage, buys groceries and fund their lifestyle.
• Income protection premiums can often be deducted from superannuation for tax deductability and to improve cash flow (based on individual circumstances).
Watch Katie Paton's "Thank Goodness for Insurance" story.